Posted on July 15, 2020
Administrative Assistant and Office Manager
Successful and expanding youth organization is seeking a full time professional for administrative and office duties based in Teaneck.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Manage all communication from and to the office including all email accounts assigned to the office.
- Perform general office duties, such as obtaining supplies, maintaining records, manage database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, emailing, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including emails and faxes.
- Meet and greet visitors and partners.
- Liaise with the Building Manager and other departments and/or tenants in the building on all building related matters.
- Responsible for general upkeep and maintaining the office appearance.
- Prepare correspondences, invoices, reports, memos, letters, materials for publications and presentations and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Maintain Regional and executive calendar.
- Manage call list.
- Coordinate information and work flow between Regional Director and other staff members.
- Prepare and maintain Executive expense reports.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives and committees.
- Attend meetings and create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Manage executive correspondence including emails and letters.
- Update all databases including: Internal fundraising database, Velocity, Iceberg, and Six Flags database.
- Help coordinate all logistical aspects of Regional Conventions and Regional events including: budgets, transportation, hotel/housing arrangements, invitations, schedule and activities.
- Assists City Directors and Development staff with logistical elements of events and programs.
- Manages all program communication flow from office to general public including: parents, donors, teens, staff, and community contacts in consultation with Regional Director and Development staff.
- Takes the lead roll in all administrative and logistic aspects of development including:
- Planning and executing development events
- Coordinating with local and national media on advertising
- Selling Six Flags Tickets
- Communication with donors as necessary including mailing receipts, arranging payment, and confirming pledges.
- Supports Regional Director and development staff as needed.
- 2-3 years previous work experience with administrative duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Must have a strong ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full time job with NCSY. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health Insurance:
OU Contributes 50% towards 4 excellent health insurance options through Aetna.
- Income protection:
OU offers life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Save for tomorrow:
A 403B Retirement plan is offered through MetLife and/or Nationwide regardless of length of service. After completion of 3 years consecutive full-time employment, the OU will contribute the equivalent of 5% of the employee wages toward retirement as long as employee contributes at least 3% of wages
Forward resumes to:
Aliza Eisenbach, NJ NCSY Assistant Regional Director